Frequently Asked Questions
(Click the Questions for the Answers)
It depends on your policy. Most major insurances do cover physical therapy. Coverage will vary depending on your individual policy terms.
Regardless of any liability action, timely payment of bills remains your responsibility. Medical and financial information will be released upon request after a release-of-information form is signed. We will require a $10.00 co-payment for each appointment.
You are responsible for providing accurate workers' compensation information. Medical and financial information will be provided at your request after a release-of-information form is signed
This is the amount your policy requires you pay on each individual treatment. Co-pay amounts can vary dramatically depending on your individual policy. Co-pays are expected at arrival of each session.
A deductible is the amount of annual medical expenses that a health plan member must pay before the plan will begin to cover expenses. For example, if your plan has a $500 deductible, you will pay the first $500 of your medical expenses before your health plan begins paying the expenses. Deductibles vary depending on your individual policy. It would be best for you to check with your insurance so that they may advise you on your particular plan coverage.
This means your insurance covers 80% of the usual and customary fee and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.
We accept Visa/MC and American express. Local personal checks and cash are also accepted.
Yes. In the state of Virginia a referral is required to both be treated and for insurance reimbursement. It is always important to call your insurance company prior to making an appointment to fully understand whether or not you will need a referral or prescription. Your insurance company can also answer any questions about your coverage prior to beginning treatment. Our office staff will assist you in this process. Remember, it is your responsibility to have an understanding of your insurance coverage.
Loose comfortable clothing is preferable. If you have a knee or ankle problem, shorts are appropriate. Tank tops and jog bras are helpful for our female patients with an upper body injury or ailment.
Shorts, or clothing to expose the knee.
Your insurance card and driver's license, your referral or doctor's notes, comfortable clothing, appropriate footwear, your planner and payment for co-pay or deductible.
Your initial evaluation and treatment session will last from 60-90 minutes depending on the extent of your problem.
Your therapist will make a treatment plan based on the outcome of your evaluation and initial sessions.
We do our best to limit the amount of pain you will experience during your session. Your therapist will help you manage your pain and determine when pain with treatment is expected or not.
Most patients will have exercises or activities to work on independently. Again this will be established based on your individual needs and response to treatment
We are located at 850-C E. Main St., Purcellville, VA 20132. See our location page for a map and directions.
There is ample free parking in front and behind the building.
As our patient, you are our first concern. We hope that you are satisfied with our care and that you feel that you are treated with kindness and with courtesy. Please let us know if we have treated you well. If you are not satisfied with our care, please let us know, so that we may correct any deficiencies that may have occurred. In addition, we always appreciate when our patients refer others to our office.